If you are new to WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com you should know that most weeks I run a post called “A Lap Of The Blogs” in which I link to some articles of interest I’ve read in the past week. I also include a weekly “racing video” because my former life was in the auto racing industry… Enjoy!
Slight change of plans. 1) You’ll notice this edition is a few days late. 2) Instead of a racing video, there is a book giveaway this week (details at bottom).
My Globe & Mail Column
You can read all the columns HERE, and below are the ones that appeared this week.
From Around The Blogosphere
Banknerd.ca: Introducing the THRIVEtastics
Larry MacDonald: Protein Stocks
Big Cajun Man: Slutty Money
Michael James on Money: Benefits of filing a tax return for low income earners
Money Smarts Blog: How to unlock an Ontario Locked In Retirement Account
Canadian Capitalist: Notes from the 2010 Berkshire Hathaway Annual Report
Book Giveaway: Moolala by Bruce Sellery
You may recognize Bruce Sellery from his time with BNN (The Business News Network). He’s written a book titled Moolala: Why smart people do dumb things with their money (and what you can do about it). I have not read the book, but I asked Bruce a simple question:
Q: Financial books are a dime a dozen these days. What makes Moolala stand out? Who is this book targeted at?
A: Moolala is for people who need a ‘spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down’. It stands out from the pack because it focuses on delivering “insight” versus “information”. When readers connect their goals in life to the financial fuel that will bring them to fruition, they are way more likely to take action to get a handle on their money. Insight trumps information 100% of the time and the workbook approach helps people come to that insight themselves and then gives them a super simple set of steps to get stuff done.
The publisher has generously provided THREE copies of the book to be given away at random. Good luck!
- Leave a comment on this post to earn an entry. Limit of one entry per email address.
- You can earn a bonus entry by “liking” my Facebook Fan Page.
- You must submit your email address on the comment form (so I can contact the winner), but your email address is never shown publicly, and is not sold to any third party companies – it’s just for the contest.
- Contest is open until 5pm EST on Friday, March 11, 2011. Winners will be announced and contacted shortly after that.
- Winner must answer a skill testing question.
- Open to residents of Canada only.
- Three winners will be chosen at random, you can only win one copy per household.