Kerry K. Taylor is not only the author of the recent book “397 Ways To Save Money”, she is also the blogger behind SquawkFox.com. Kerry started her foray into all things money by graduating with $17,000 worth of student debt. She managed to pay that all off in only 6 months!
I’ll cut to the chase and tell you that I’m going to keep a copy of this book handy in my library because it is full of some great, everyday savings tips – there is definitely something for everyone. I’ll give you some quick examples of what kind of tips you can find:
Buy perennials instead of annuals for your garden – while the initial cost is five times as much, perennials grow back every year. Over time this will work in your favour, saving you hundreds over time. Personally, I avoid the garden like the plague – but this is something that Fiona would appreciate.
There’s a chapter focusing on five-minute meals you can prepare for $5. (And they are healthy meals too!) Recipes are included and it couldn’t be easier.
With 397 ways to save money, I have to point out that there is a great chance that the cost of this book will be re-couped within minutes of opening it. So my honest recommendation is that most people should probably pick up a copy. If you are a frugalist, you may have the “mental DNA” to naturally save money, but then you could give this book as a gift to someone you know. Students will learn tonnes for example, as they have much to learn about money management. They can try to figure it all out for themselves, but Kerry has done it for them and has made it dead simple to learn.
The writing style of the book is engaging and easy to read – excellent for those who are normally overwhelmed by anything to do with money or finances!
Book Giveaway Contest
As always very simple rules:
- You can enter the contest by simply leaving a comment on the blog (no profanity, etc.)
- You must include a valid email address in the comment entry box (but don’t worry, your email will not be displayed and is never shared with anyone). This is simply so I have a way to contact you if you win.
- Comments (entries) must be left before June 21st, 2009 (Sunday) at noon (Eastern Standard Time).
- One winner will be selected by random draw.
- Contest is only open to residents of North America.
- You can only enter once.
This book has been reviewed by lots of other bloggers, such as: