Sarah Deveau is the author of the book Sink or Swim: Get Your Degree Without Drowning in Debt and has just released her new book Money $mart Mom. Since Fiona has given me a deadline for a ring and babies, I thought the book was timely. The first thing I noticed was that the book does not have a single graph or chart, only one worksheet and one very small table (as far as I saw). What did this tell me? That this book won’t intimidate many (if any) readers. This is one of the challenges about educating people about money – most people don’t want to read about the subject because there is a perception that talking money means talking technically and dryly. Sarah has done a great job of hitting the main points quickly, yet thoroughly. I especially like the references to other resources (such as a reference to a book about recipes babies will like). That is the stuff I found of most interest. You may find that you like the money tips more, but in any case this looks like an easy and informative read for parents and soon to be parents. For the record (in case my mother is reading this) Fiona is not pregnant, please don’t get excited.
Sarah has graciously provided a copy of the book to be given away, and you can leave a comment on this post for your entry into the raffle. Thanks Sarah!
If you want to go ahead and purchase the book: click here.
- Leave a comment on this post to earn an entry. Limit of one entry per email address.
- You must submit your email address (so I can contact the winner), but your email address is never shown publicly, and is not sold to any third party companies – it’s just for the contest.
- Contest is open until the G8 Summit kicks off (June 25th, 2010).
- Winner must answer a skill testing question.
- Winner has 1 week to provide full mailing address after I contact them.
- Open to residents of Canada and the USA only.