CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS.
Yep, I’ve been pretty absent from blogging since the start of Q4 2010. That coincides with the beginning of my column with The Globe and Mail. It appears in the print edition on Tuesdays in the LIFE section (which also shows up online) as well as Fridays (online only) in the Globe Investor section. However, you’ll notice that the material in the column never really gets technical – partly owing to the space constriction (I’m limited to number of words), as well as trying to please a broader audience. The average Canadian is not going to read my bizarre gedanken experiments on leveraged ETF strategies, for example.
However, I’ve always mused that I should broaden the content on the blog to grow readership. Well, I don’t really have to do that with the column in place now – so that itch is scratched. I can get back to writing material that you, the blog readers of WDAMMG, came here for… just not at the pace of four times a week, with a weekly link post and a podcast. While I own the rights of the material I write for the Globe, I think I’ll just post links to them instead of re-publishing them here.
So my goal is to eventually get back to a rhythm with WDAMMG (WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com). As I dip my toes back into the water, I’ll start by clearing up my backlog of books and DVDs sitting in my office. I’ll be giving away a bunch of stuff for the rest of February. Today, I’m announcing the give away of seven (7) copies of Wall Street on DVD. This is the original, not the sequel. I saw a bin of them at Best Buy on sale for about $4 a copy during Boxing Week, so I bought them all with the express intent of giving them away on the blog. Enjoy!
- Leave a comment on this post to earn an entry. Limit of one entry per email address.
- You must submit your email address on the comment form (so I can contact the winner), but your email address is never shown publicly, and is not sold to any third party companies – it’s just for the contest.
- Contest is open until 12pm EST (noon) on Saturday, February 19th, 2011. Winners will be announced and contacted shortly after that.
- Winner must answer a skill testing question.
- Winner has 1 week to provide full mailing address after I contact them.
- Open to residents of Canada and the USA only.
- Seven winners will be chosen at random, you can only win one copy per household.